27 February 2012

un-interesting ramble.

I'm lacking substance in the interesting department.
I've been waiting - but nothing.
So I suppose we'll stick with what is seemingly un-interesting.

My husband hasn't spoken to me in 11 days. I've been sleeping on the couch in the living room. My glorious, comfortable, super amazing couch that doesn't roll around in the night, or watch TV, or set the alarm an hour before I have to wake up. I've read more books, run more km's, visited with friends, gotten a pedicure, hiked in the forest and not had to worry if my 'better half' was having a good time.

I'm not even sure what we're fighting about. Though I suppose it doesn't really matter - the fact is, when he's upset he shuts down...which is the total opposite of my wonderful talking self. So, over the last 5 years I have learned that instead of trying to change him - I ride out the wave...the silent, blissful, time-to-myself tsunami.

Meanwhile I spent some quality time yesterday with a good friend I have known since we were in Grade 3...we'll call him Jay, especially since that is his real name. Jay and I randomly get together and spontaneously exercise - 20 km walks up the mountain and through the trailways, or like yesterday when we visited some pretty slick trailways in Ancaster - where the hermitage ruins are. Then, to the caves of Eramosa Karst! It was a great few hours to hang out with my friend and explore the wilderness like 10 year olds...and of course I took my pay-cheque camera along for the ride!















5 comments:

  1. Great place to walk, and bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you and your husband are fighting...that's never fun. Hope it gets better.

    On the lighter side...that looks like a great place to do some hiking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when my husband and I fight. :-(


    Beautiful pictures though. This was far from an uninteresting post, dear. Don't be so hard on yourself. We want to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw...remember the contest I had a while back? You are one of the winners! Still not sure how long until it's all ready. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phenominal! I'm excitied to see what you come up with!

      Delete